• Coincidence Mode virtually eliminates all false alerts
• Pre-wired IP67 enclosure with relay output expansion cable and fault buzzer
• 1, 2 or 3 alert levels (Red, Red/Yellow, Red/Orange/Yellow)
• All Clear output (Green)
• Fully configurable alert distances, durations and high electric field levels
• 20 miles / 32 km range, extendable up to 40 miles/64km
• High electric field alert warns of conditions where first strike is more likely to occur
• Status Monitor software shows current alert state and minutes:seconds until All Clear
• USB port for configuration and/or Status Monitor software
• Optional fiber optic connection between sensor and ERL-10 for remote mounted EFM-100 sensor
The ERL-10 receives data from the EFM-100 Electric Field Mill short-range sensor (<20 miles/32 km) and a LD-250 long range lightning detector. It constantly monitors for lightning and activates its timed relay outputs when lightning is detected. Up to three alerts can be configured, referred to as Red, Orange, and Yellow Alert levels. The green All Clear state is entered when no lightning has been detected within the configured time period.
When the ERL-10 is first turned on, it enters Survey Mode where it looks for lightning. After several minutes without lightning (configurable but typically 10-20 minutes) the system enters the All Clear state. The green All Clear light on the ERL-10 illuminates and the All Clear relay output activates.
Dual Sensor Coincidence Mode
With Coincidence Mode enabled, a lightning strike must be detected by both the EFM-100 and the LD-250 in order for an alert to activate. This virtually eliminates false alerts that could be caused by persons, animals, insects, etc. near the EFM-100 sensor. Coincidence Mode is only applicable within the range of the EFM-100 (0-20miles/0-32km).
The ERL-10 Status Monitor software (included) allows the system status and countdown timers to be displayed. Countdown timers clearly indicate the number of minutes until All Clear. Alert activations are timestamped and logged to disk. Graphical log file viewing software is also included.
ERL-10 output relay module
LD-250 long range detector
EFA-21 or EPM-1 module
Relay output expansion cable
EFM-100 short range detector with 0.63X attenuator
Inverted mounting mast
Pole mount bracket
Junction box with EFM-100 cable connector
Pre-assembled ANT-2 lightning sensor with 22” mast and pole mount bracket (for LD-250)
100 Foot (30m) Cat6 Cable (for LD-250)
100 Foot (30m) Cat6 power/data cable (for EFM-100)
5 x Attenuator plugs
2 x 12V DC Power Adapter
USB cable (x2 if using EFA-21)
Windows software for ERL-10 and EFM-100
2 x clamp sets for pole mount brackets
3/4 inch NPT cable grip
Fiber optic data cable